Friday, May 09, 2008

Clinton's millions

I was reading how Hillary Clinton stands to lose millions of the $11+ million that she has plowed into her campaign. Of course, virtually everyone has written off her campaign. I cannot imagine that she cares.

The Clintons have reportedly amassed a $100 million fortune since Bill left office seven years ago, much of it reportedly from President Clinton's speaking engagements and from books they have written. If I were the first woman to approach this close to the oval office--that is, if I were Hillary--I don't think I'd care much about a measly $11. Just imagine what the she can earn in the coming years speaking to women's groups and others about her experiences. I'll be surprised if she doesn't make twice this much over the coming year.

I would be really worried, though, if I were one of the vendors that are owed money by the campaign.

No comments: